need opinions on LCD monitor 4 PS

Posted By
______
Oct 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My NEC flat panel finally died, I need a replacement but I’d like to hear your opinions on what would be a good LCD replacement.
Thanks,
Pete

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hecate
Oct 10, 2004
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:10:54 GMT, "______"
wrote:

My NEC flat panel finally died, I need a replacement but I’d like to hear your opinions on what would be a good LCD replacement.
Thanks,
Pete
For Photoshop? Eizo.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
______
Oct 10, 2004
Thank you, looks pretty good, do you use this brand?
Pete
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:10:54 GMT, "______"
wrote:

Thanks,
Pete
For Photoshop? Eizo.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
Oct 11, 2004
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:36:38 GMT, "______"
wrote:

Bought one for an admin machine to see what they were like (a 15"). Reproduction was superb. Planning a purchase to add to our CRTs. Really, if you want good colour, you have to spend the money. Mid-range LCDs just don’t cut it.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
DM
Daniel Masse
Oct 14, 2004
______ wrote:

I got an Eizo two weeks ago. Not a professional model, only the FlexScan L568. Fantastic ! Extremely sharp, and perfect colors. 170 degrees vision : the colors do not change as you move your head. I have kept my old monitor (a NEC LCD 1700V) as a dual monitor, and I can compare… It has changed my life !

I already have had several series of pictures printed (I use an outside Frontier lab, which I have selected mainly because I may request not to make any correction whatsoever, and for which I have the ICC profile), and I used the factory settings on the Eizo (profiles are supplied for 5000 and 6500K). The first series was a bit too dark. I made a correction, and now it is perfect ! I think I can get by without buying a probe !

And, btw, working with dual display is fantastic ! And the screen surface is much larger with two 17" than with a larger monitor…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections