D
Posted By
dev1null2
Jan 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The CRT market is shrinking dramatically, and some of the monitors mentioned in previous posts can no longer be found.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions regarding two 21" monitors I’m considering:

Viewsonic 21" P220fb vs Phillips 22" 202P7

Both run 1600 x 1200 at 85 hz or better

Any comments regarding these specific models or the brands in general will be appreciated. There are lots of comments about the Viewsonic on various sites (mostly complimentary but with some geometry quibbles), but none about the Phillips.

I’ll be using it for graphics and after work for some gaming, so I don’t want an LCD.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BS
Bert Storm
Jan 12, 2006
I have been running a Viewsonic PF790 21" monitor as part of a dual monitor set up (the other is a Dell ?model) since 1998. The Viewsonic is still looking good and going strong. The Dell is starting to show its age. If there is little info on the Phillips it is probably because few people use(d) them.. I’d go with the Viewsonic.

Robert Strom

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:30:44 GMT, wrote:

The CRT market is shrinking dramatically, and some of the monitors mentioned in previous posts can no longer be found.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions regarding two 21" monitors I’m considering:

Any comments regarding these specific models or the brands in general will be appreciated. There are lots of comments about the Viewsonic on various sites (mostly complimentary but with some geometry quibbles), but none about the Phillips.

I’ll be using it for graphics and after work for some gaming, so I don’t want an LCD.

Thanks!
C
Clyde
Jan 12, 2006
wrote:

Thanks!

I use a smaller ViewSonic "P" Professional series and am tickled to pink with it. I run it at 1600×1200. It is sharp, clear, and stable. I calibrate it with a Spyder2 and it never seems to move. It is interesting that there isn’t much change when the calibrated setting get loaded. I guess that means that it is pretty accurate in its standard settings.

Sorry I never used Phillips, but I can certainly recommend ViewSonic P series monitors.

Clyde

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections