BJ
Posted By
Big John
Dec 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using a HP 1210v printer and trying to print 4×6 photos. I know the printer will not print edge to edge, but I would like to get pretty close. I have tried several programs that indicate "4×6 card" size or "4×6 with tab", and no matter what I do, the photos come out about 3¾x5.I can get it to print near the top edge but always get about an inch blank at the bottom. I can live with the 3¾ width but would like to get closer to 6 long.

I’ve tried with "Photo Impressions", "PSP 8" and "IrfanView" and get the
same results with all. Any ideas, other than get a different printer??

TIA– Big John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jim
Dec 21, 2005
"Big John" wrote in message
I’m using a HP 1210v printer and trying to print 4×6 photos. I know the printer will not print edge to edge, but I would like to get pretty close. I have tried several programs that indicate "4×6 card" size or "4×6 with tab", and no matter what I do, the photos come out about 3
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 21, 2005
I’m using a HP 1210v printer and trying to print 4×6 photos. I know the printer will not print edge to edge, but I would like to get pretty close. I have tried several programs that indicate "4×6 card" size or "4×6 with tab", and no matter what I do, the photos come out about 3
B
Brian
Dec 21, 2005
Hi John,

I assume that your printable area has a bottom margin of an inch? The older Epsons used to be like that, then some had the option to maximize margins, which gave a more even margin all around (but not full bleed).

Have you thought of printing 3 6×4’s to a page of A4/Letter? 2 vertical and one horizontal beneath them. Otherwise, Mike’s idea will work. Tell the printer your paper is one inch longer than it is, then it will think the edge of your page is within the printable area.

Regards,
Brian.

Big John wrote:
I’m using a HP 1210v printer and trying to print 4×6 photos. I know the printer will not print edge to edge, but I would like to get pretty close. I have tried several programs that indicate "4×6 card" size or "4×6 with tab", and no matter what I do, the photos come out about 3¾x5.I can get it to print near the top edge but always get about an inch blank at the bottom. I can live with the 3¾ width but would like to get closer to 6 long.

I’ve tried with "Photo Impressions", "PSP 8" and "IrfanView" and get the
same results with all. Any ideas, other than get a different printer??
TIA– Big John
J
Jim
Dec 21, 2005
"Jim" wrote in message
W
Wayne
Dec 21, 2005
In article <Ob2qf.1803$>,
says…

Upload them to a printing service, like Walmart, Kodak, or Snapfish.

It will be cheaper, it will be better, and it will fill 4×6 inches.
R
Roberto
Dec 21, 2005
The white areas you are seeing in your print is caused by the paper handling of that printer. There only one thing you can do and that is buy a printer that does edgeless printing. Otherwise you are always going to have an uneven margin problem.

R

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections