LT
Posted By
levi_torgerson
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Now that the AMD64 is in wide release and Microsoft has released it’s public beta of the new Windows64, will Adobe release a patch or upgrade to Photoshop to support it?

I’m a long time Photoshop user. Had every release from version 2.0 thru CS. Recently acquired an AMD64 computer, and will install the XP64 beta OS soon.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 17, 2004
Adobe doesn’t make a habit of annoucing things years ahead of time and that’s what you’re looking at before you see a 64 bit operating system.

Bob
RH
r_harvey
Feb 17, 2004
See When will photoshop go to 64 bit? <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.2ccfc0cf/0>
RH
r_harvey
Feb 17, 2004
The OS’es are already here

See #2.
RM
Rick Moore
Feb 17, 2004
Don’t you mean "before you see a 64 bit PHOTOSHOP"? The OS’es are already here
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 17, 2004
The OS’es are already here

Were you the first on the block to get it? <g>

Bob
B
Brian
Feb 17, 2004
levi_torgerson wrote:
Now that the AMD64 is in wide release and Microsoft has released it’s public beta of the new Windows64, will Adobe release a patch or upgrade to Photoshop to support it?

I dunno about Abode (can’t believe no one fixed that yet), but I doubt that Adobe is going to rush to release a patch for Photoshop based on a beta OS… sounds like putting the cart before the horse to me.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Feb 18, 2004
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 18, 2004
My abode only supports 16 bit, but it’s made of adobe.
B
Brian
Feb 18, 2004
Scott_Falkner wrote:
My abode only supports 16 bit, but it’s made of adobe.

LOL…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections