ZA
Posted By
Zachariah Allen
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would appreciate any advice on how I can add Cyrillic fonts (Russian) to my Photoshop 7. I want to be able to type labels and captions for photos I am printing.

I see no information in the knowledge base about this.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 3, 2004
Get a Cyrillic font (Adobe sells several) and install it according to your operating system. It should appear somewhere on your font list.
ZA
Zachariah Allen
Feb 3, 2004
I thought Adobe might sell them, but I done a number of searches on the Adobe site for "cyrillic" and "Russian," and even "Greek" (just to see), and each time there was nothing found.

If there is a link someone could provide, I would be grateful.
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 3, 2004
Maybe there is only the one. Try this link <http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_1155.jhtml> for Baskerville cyrillic.
ZA
Zachariah Allen
Feb 3, 2004
You are right. My mistake was searching in Photoshop support, where there is no mention. If I had broadened my search, and eventually I did, I would find the fonts.

Frankly, I think for $450 they should have been included with Photoshop, or with Adobe Acrobat, both of which I have. Charging $79 extra for fonts is small thinking. But, that’s a whole other subject, and not really at issue here.

Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.
SB
Scott_Byer
Feb 3, 2004
Also note that Adobe’s OpenType Pro (e.g., Warnock Pro) fonts have Cyrillic glyphs in them. If you’re going to do multi-lingual work, I think you’d find that a better choice.

-Scott
ZA
Zachariah Allen
Feb 3, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion about Warnock. Unfortunately, I think we need the flexibility of the $79 package. I guess that will work with the Cyrillic (Russian) keyboard that we also use in Word. We work in three languages here (Russian, Polish and English) and need the capability.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections