DB
Posted By
Dave B
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image with some fairly intricate guides set up. I want to transfer them all over to another document. Can I…?

Thanks!

Dave B

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DB
Dave B
Apr 6, 2004
Wow – that was a serious typo (cocumennt?). I only mention it because the way I typed it looks like one of those purposely mispelled spam things. Dammit – and I’m really hoping to get an answer to my guide question… 🙂

Thanks!

"Dave B" wrote in message
I have an image with some fairly intricate guides set up. I want to transfer them all over to another document. Can I…?

Thanks!

Dave B

AA
Adelson Anton
Apr 6, 2004
Dave B wrote:

Wow – that was a serious typo (cocumennt?). I only mention it because the way I typed it looks like one of those purposely mispelled spam things. Dammit – and I’m really hoping to get an answer to my guide question… 🙂
Thanks!

Spam’s now officialy more dangerous than TV ads 🙂
E
edjh
Apr 7, 2004
Dave B wrote:

Thanks!

Dave B
Guides aren’t transferable. The best you can do is to pull your layers into the document that already has the guides.You can use that document as a template for future use by trashing all the original layers (in a copy of course).

Or, if you know in advance you are going to do this record the placing of guides in an action.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Batman art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections