DD
Posted By
d_dorton
Dec 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Photoshop Elements V2.0. When I copy an image or graphic to a background, it invariably ends up much smaller than the original. I drag the resizing bars to make it bigger, but the pixels are huge. What am I doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 16, 2003
Without more specific information, my first hunch is that you’re working with two different resolutions, and the resolution of your background is greater than that of your image. You don’t say the source of your image or graphic, but if it’s anything you’ve downloaded from the internet it’s most likely only around 72ppi. If you’re using a background that’s been sized within the usual target range for printing – 150 to 300ppi – then than little one is going to have to "grow" more than its resolution will allow. 72ppi is already too small for anything besides web work, so forcing it to become larger just stretches the few available pixels out too far and causes each one to appear very big.

If you post examples, we can give you a more specific answer.
DD
d_dorton
Dec 16, 2003
You nailed it. That was exactly what was wrong. I must do some more reading. Thanks so much for the information.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 17, 2003
d dorton,

This excellent website of Wayne Fulton’s explains some concepts of digital imaging which are important to understand fully.

<http://scantips.com>

Nancy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections