Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article <8D2we.99$>,
"Thin" wrote:

Can you tell me how I can create this poster effect with Photoshop? I

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Tacit
Jun 28, 2005
In article <8D2we.99$>,
"Thin" wrote:

Can you tell me how I can create this poster effect with Photoshop? I
FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 28, 2005
"Thin" wrote in message

Can you tell me how I can create this poster effect with Photoshop? I’m assuming that this image originated as a normal photograph.

It looks like a combination of effects to me – a photo treated with posterize (image > adjustments > posterize – try a small number like 4 for a more stylized effect, higher numbers for more detail) combined with artwork probably done in Illustrator or Freehand.

The background uses a halftone effect – I’ve created a very similar look before, but I can’t remember exactly how I did it – maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Flo
FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 28, 2005
"Thin" wrote in message

Can you tell me how I can create this poster effect with Photoshop? I’m assuming that this image originated as a normal photograph.

It looks like a combination of effects to me – a photo treated with posterize (image > adjustments > posterize – try a small number like 4 for a more stylized effect, higher numbers for more detail) combined with artwork probably done in Illustrator or Freehand.

The background uses a halftone effect – I’ve created a very similar look before, but I can’t remember exactly how I did it – maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Flo
S
Scotius
Jun 29, 2005
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:30:28 GMT, "Thin" wrote:

Hello

If it can’t be done with Photoshop, then which program should I use?

Thanks

You could try the "posterize" effect, or various degrees of an effect. The "colored pencil" effect, for example, lets you decide the thickness of lines.
Aside from that, there was a gradient put in there. You use the gradient tool, and pick which way you want it to run, type of gradient, etc.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections