Need help creating that scrolly-type effect you see everywhere….

JK
Posted By
James_Kocian
Apr 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Books, Posters, CD’s…

How on EARTH are these created??

I want to add something like it to my CD cover, but can’t find anything. Any tips?? I can email you an example if need be; otherwise go to www.lifest.com and you’ll see what I mean.

Basically it’s just a scroll that branches off in different directions that appears colorwashed or mostly transparent over an image, Some look retro-ish, others more artsy. I know it’s what I want…just can’t find any!!

THANK YOU!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
James,

Are you referring to the typographic ornaments on that page?
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
If so, just set your ornaments on different layers at different levels of opacity.
B
Buko
Apr 7, 2008
Or do it in Illustrator. and use a little imagination.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 7, 2008
James,

Also, please understand that these forums have succeeded because the discussions are kept here, or with links back to here, available to all, and not via email. This benefits far more people, including you.

But, yes, those ornaments appear to have been created using both Illustrator and a lot of artistic talent. I don’t know if you will have success finding clip art like that.

Thanks.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections