F
Posted By
Frances
Mar 22, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I am new to this forum but not new to photoshop. I have windows XP and I am working with Photoshop CS2 I have a picture that I added the effect of dissolve but everytime I go to save it or flatten or merge it when it is finished my effect of dissolve has been removed. Could someone help and give me some advice on what I am doing wrong. I took it to my Art teacher and he tried a few things that he had learned and couldn’t figure it out either he is the one that sent me to this forum to see if someone has come across the same issue. Any help or advice would be soooo greatly appreciated. Thank You

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CY
curt_young
Mar 22, 2009
Not sure how the dissolve effect is accomplished, but it could be that you need layers to do this. If you flatten it the layers are gone. If you save in as jpeg, layers are gone. Several formats will save layers including TIFF and PSD.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 22, 2009
could you post some screenshots with the effect still in place and one where it’s gone?(having the history panel visible would also help) it would help us better understand your problem
F
Frances
Mar 23, 2009
I am not sure how to get a screenshot posted on this forum but my project has a bunch of layers and two of the layers has a dissolve effect (the dissolve effect is found in the layers pallet using the pulldown menu where there is normal, DISSOLVE, darken, multiply, color burn, linear burn etc…) but when I go to merge, flatten, or save as a jpg or gif it removes my effect. I can’t have the history panel visible because the history only has blending changes visible so I am not sure how you would even see all of the history.
I have a screenshot of the two one on top of the other with the effect and without but I don’t know how to post it here. Sorry I am not better at this.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 23, 2009
Upload them to www.imageshack.us When you’ll get the option of which link to chose, pick the first one (direct link to image) and just copy/paste them here
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 23, 2009
By the way Frances, what you are referring to is called the "blending mode".
K
KatWoman
Mar 23, 2009
in the layer palette at bottom >>>click the little "fx" for effects palette

select blending mode
there is a drop down with choices that governs how the effects layers will be applied when blended
( in your case it should already say dissolve)
under that is some check boxes
tick off >>>>>blend interior effects as a group

OR
an easy work around

select all> edit>copy merged
file > new>paste
save that image as the final

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections