P
Posted By
phstuken
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I try to get some graphic effects with some maps here and use blending modes but cannot get it like I want. Same map with diffesrent colors on each layer
With multiply I got the effect with 2 layers , but not with more than 2 layers

Example : I have the same map on 5 layers , but different areas on each map have the same light yellow color. I want to "blend" the layers together so that my "result"-map get the most dark yellow where all 5 layers are yellow, and more lighter yellow relativ to how many of the layers have yellow on the same pixels….

If anybody understand what I try to explain 🙂
h

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JW
J Warren
Feb 23, 2004
In article <joNVb.2682$
says…
I try to get some graphic effects with some maps here and use blending modes but cannot get it like I want. Same map with diffesrent colors on each layer
With multiply I got the effect with 2 layers , but not with more than 2 layers

Example : I have the same map on 5 layers , but different areas on each map have the same light yellow color. I want to "blend" the layers together so that my "result"-map get the most dark yellow where all 5 layers are yellow, and more lighter yellow relativ to how many of the layers have yellow on the same pixels….

If anybody understand what I try to explain 🙂
h
If I understand your question, regardless of the blending mode, try reducing the opacity of each layer. I tried with 75% and Normal or (better) Multiply mode, and I think I got what you are trying to achieve.

Jason
B
Batmel
Feb 24, 2004
I think I understand what you mean..

have you tried working with brushes and the earaser on your differen layers.. ? (you know you can set the opacity of your brushe or earase to ease the blending..)

and also try the transparancy on your different layers.. the proble with this .. might be .. that you might loose some of the darkness tha you want to keep.

Batme
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message43095.htm

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections