D
Posted By
domeceo
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m making a website for a company with no tech staff. When I leave I want them to have as much freedom updating their site as possible. I’m considering Macromedia Contribute for upgrading content. However, I also want to find an alternative graphics application so they can change the text in some of the images I’ve made for some of the buttons. Although I have the full version of Photoshop Elements at home, at work I’ve been using a trial version temporarily to make ..psd’s. I’m currently investigating GIMP, but it seems like it might take some time explaining how to use it to a non-tech colleague. All I really need the program to do is edit .psd’s (or other layered graphics) for text (and maybe color).

Thank You for any advice.

domeceo
———————————————————— ———— posted via www.WebFrustration.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BD
Bobby Dogg
Feb 6, 2004
Paint Shop Pro 8.1

"domeceo" wrote in message
I’m making a website for a company with no tech staff. When I leave I want them to have as much freedom updating their site as possible. I’m considering Macromedia Contribute for upgrading content. However, I also want to find an alternative graphics application so they can change the text in some of the images I’ve made for some of the buttons. Although I have the full version of Photoshop Elements at home, at work I’ve been using a trial version temporarily to make psd’s. I’m currently investigating GIMP, but it seems like it might take some time explaining how to use it to a non-tech colleague. All I really need the program to do is edit .psd’s (or other layered graphics) for text (and maybe color).

domeceo
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 6, 2004
domeceo wrote:
I’m making a website for a company with no tech staff. When I leave I want them to have as much freedom updating their site as possible. I’m considering Macromedia Contribute for upgrading content. However, I also want to find an alternative graphics application so they can change the text in some of the images I’ve made for some of the buttons. Although I have the full version of Photoshop Elements at home, at work I’ve been using a trial version temporarily to make psd’s. I’m currently investigating GIMP, but it seems like it might take some time explaining how to use it to a non-tech colleague. All I really need the program to do is edit .psd’s (or other layered graphics) for text (and maybe color).

Why not go all the way and set them up with Dreamweaver / Fireworks. Although these are premium apps, there is plenty of documentation available, as well as experienced consulting if they need some heavy lifting.

The MX version is available for 30 day trial and the two programs together cost about the same as Photoshop. If that price tag is too high, you can score a copy of DW & FW Studio version 3 or 4 for about $100 on ebay. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
DD
Duncan Donald
Feb 7, 2004
A loud rat-a-tat-tat was heard as domeceo rattled the keyboard at blinding speed and wrote:

I’m making a website for a company with no tech staff. When I leave I want them to have as much freedom updating their site as possible. I’m considering Macromedia Contribute for upgrading content. However, I also want to find an alternative graphics application so they can change the text in some of the images I’ve made for some of the buttons. Although I have the full version of Photoshop Elements at home, at work I’ve been using a trial version temporarily to make .psd’s. I’m currently investigating GIMP, but it seems like it might take some time explaining how to use it to a non-tech colleague. All I really need the program to do is edit .psd’s (or other layered graphics) for text (and maybe color).

domeceo

PhotoShop elements should do the job!

From Duncan Donald,
Judge yourself by your own standards… At least you’ll never have any competition!
N
nospam
Feb 7, 2004
You can pick up the Corel 9 suite for about 30-40 $US as an oem disk. comes with lots of great stuff.

Photopaint opens photoshop files, preserving layers, but doesn’t support layer styles.

Also comes with CorelDraw, arguably the most-used vector application on the PC. It does multipage documents, and can export PDF files, and has great built-in impositioning tools and a color separation preview.

http://www.epinions.com/Corel_CorelDRAW_V_9_0_for_Win__Graph ics_Software_90E NG0/display_~reviews

JD

I’m making a website for a company with no tech staff. When I leave I want them to have as much freedom updating their site as possible. I’m considering Macromedia Contribute for upgrading content. However, I also want to find an alternative graphics application so they can change the text in some of the images I’ve made for some of the buttons. Although I have the full version of Photoshop Elements at home, at work I’ve been using a trial version temporarily to make .psd’s. I’m currently investigating GIMP, but it seems like it might take some time explaining how to use it to a non-tech colleague. All I really need the program to do is edit .psd’s (or other layered graphics) for text (and maybe color).

domeceo
H
Hecate
Feb 7, 2004
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:34:01 GMT, domeceo
wrote:

Fireworks. Ideal for web use and will integrate with Contribute.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
QO
Queen of Denial
Feb 9, 2004
I’ll second that.
"Bobby Dogg" wrote in message
Paint Shop Pro 8.1

"domeceo" wrote in message

domeceo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections