Posted By
Tobias_Platenburg
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All..

I’m now 13 years old and begin to work allot with Photoshop… I use the blending options, slicing tool etc.

Until now I’ve only used the Trial from CS for 30 days, now it’s finished I wanted to buy CS, but it’s just to expensive…

I need those tools like the blending options and slicing tool..

Is there an program that also has these tools from Adobe and is cheaper?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
May 17, 2005
Photoshop elements. er, after saying that, im not sure if it has the functions you want, but some one will step in and correct me if im wrong.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 17, 2005
Blending yes, slicing no. Really good value though

Colin
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 17, 2005
If you are a full time student You could purchase Photoshop CS academic copy–

www.academicsuperstore.com
www.rteksystems.com
www.journeyed.com

Is exactly the same as the full version only it’s $249.00 instead of $600.00. You can get the full Creative Suite for $379.00 which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and GoLive.

No restrictions on commercial use (check the Photoshop FAQ if you don’t believe me)
JO
Jim_Oblak
May 17, 2005
If even the educational license of Photoshop is too much, consider some great freeware like this:

<http://www.gimp.org>

….and it’s cousin,

<http://www.cinepaint.org>
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 17, 2005
The gimp is maybe Photoshop 3…If you need to be that cheap get Elements…No pen tool, No way to create additional layer styles although you can load them, No curves, no layer masking but not too bad for $99.00

Just finished an instructor’s manual on Elements, while it ain’t Photoshop, it’s not bad!
TR
The_Rock
May 18, 2005
Yes …. try Photoshop Elements .. can be picked up at Best buy, CompUSA, etc …. $69.99 at CompUSA …

VC

wrote in message
Hello All..

I’m now 13 years old and begin to work allot with Photoshop… I use the
blending options, slicing tool etc.
Until now I’ve only used the Trial from CS for 30 days, now it’s finished
I wanted to buy CS, but it’s just to expensive…
I need those tools like the blending options and slicing tool..
Is there an program that also has these tools from Adobe and is cheaper?
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 18, 2005
Also check out www.serif.com for Photoplus 9.0. It’s not bad at about £99.00 and you can export and import .PSD files and work on them without losing any effect, layers etc. Speak to customer services they sometimes have deals or special offers so you could get it a lot cheaper. It’s not as good as Photoshop but its has a very good go.

Deb.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 18, 2005
You can get Elements 3 for less than £50 and there are various add-ons such as Richard Lynchs Hidden Powers which add things like curves.

Colin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections