R
Posted By
robertdavis200
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While in the active image area, how do you drop your current tool? I must always go back to the tool box and select another tool. Once I have a tool selected, I cannot simply cancel it out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mistermonday
Jan 12, 2004
Most of the other tools are available by hitting one key on the keyboard. If you are concerned about leaving a tool active that can accidentally mess up an image, just type V for the move tool because it is pretty safe. Rgds, MM
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 12, 2004
While selecting the move tool via "V" is pretty safe, it still risks nudging a layer if one doesn’t pay attention to what is active. I suggest sticking with Mac’s suggestion of selecting the Hand tool, easily done by typing H on the keyboard.
R
robertdavis200
Jan 13, 2004
Thank you for the information. Robert

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections