Bob_Davis
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
System: Homebuilt P4 2.8C w/2 gb RAM
Wacom Intuos 2 (driver version 4.78-6)

In PS-CS, often when I use my polygonal lasso tool and the Wacom tablet the cursor will jump to completion before I have completed the process. It can be very irritating on a complex lasso project when you’re half finished and it jumps to the starting point and completes the selected area prematurely. Anyone have a clue what is causing this? It isn’t repeatable as to the exact location it will jump from, but sometimes will occur several tries in a row. I am not putting any meaningful pressure on the tablet with my hand when this occurs.

I had the same problem on PS7 and several previous Wacom driver versions. I also have a USB MS trackball connected on this system, but the two have coexisted perfectly to date.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Ronald_Keller
May 18, 2004
Bob,

I have no solution for your problem as it isn’t happening on my system. Maybe you are accidently double-clicking?
Just curious but I am not sure why you are regarding this as irritating; you can simply continue where you left off by adding to the selection?

Greetings from Belgium

Ronald
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 18, 2004
I once had the same. When you come down with the pen, sometimes it is regarded as a double click, and hence comletes the selection.
Tweak the double click properties in the Wacom prefs in C/P. Rob
BD
Bob_Davis
May 19, 2004
Rob…

The double-click settings are at their defaults, about 3/4 toward "slow" for "Set Double-Click Speed," 2 clicks for "Set Double-Click, and a check in the box on the far left of that section next to "Double-click Assist."

Any suggestion on what settings to try first? It is possible I’m hitting the double-click function on the pen’s tool button. I’ll keep an eye on it.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 19, 2004
First, turn off Double-click-assist. Forgot that. Gives problems. And indeed the button on the pen is sensitive. Keep the Double Click fast for a while. See if that improves it, Bob.

Rob
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 27, 2004
Im having the same problems. I have try several different tablets no matter what kind of wacom I use I always encounter this problem ..

My suggestion is to add an option (in photoshop) to turn the auto-complete feature on or off ..

it is really anoying .. 🙁

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections