RB
Posted By
Raphael_Beaupre
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to disable the auto-complete feature on the lasso tool ?

It always close the selection when Im not done with it ..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 26, 2004
Im talking about the polygonal lasso tool ..sorry about that =P
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
May 26, 2004
I have the same problem, try closing all oterh programs, including things like ICQ and msn.
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 26, 2004
hmmm I have to get msn running with maya.. this is bad .. lol Im having this problem for a while now..(few years) maybe it could be useful to have an option where you can turn it off. If the auto complete is really a feature ..

=(
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 26, 2004
huh? why do you have to have MSN running with maya?
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 26, 2004
Im in a big studio working as texture artist .. constantly talking with the concept artist and the lead texture.. having us to move all arround is anoying ..we are using msn for that.. 😀
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 27, 2004
ok … so is this a feature or a bug ? Im still confuse
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 27, 2004
I thought it only did this if you double-clicked. Perhaps you are double-clicking accidentally. Maybe you could change your mouse settings (or whatever pointing device you are using).
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 28, 2004
Raphael, what aqbout using your Phones on speaker mode? 😉

I’m with mick about the double click settings (especially with Wacoms, I replace the double click setting of the side button with "alt"… way more useful in Photoshop!)
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 28, 2004
hehehe 😛

thanks for the advises about double clicking . I do use a wacom it might be the problem .. =)
TF
Tom F
May 29, 2004
I have the same problem. Try to avoid clicking outside Photoshop’s borders. Also use Space for panning and Ctrl-Space/Ctrl-Alt-Space for zooming in and out. That should prevent the marquee selection from closing – I think.

wrote in message | Is there a way to disable the auto-complete feature on the lasso tool ? |
| It always close the selection when Im not done with it ..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections