MV
Posted By
Marc Verdonck
Jan 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are working with Apogee Series 3 workflow.
In our workflow we are using our own standard sheetfed profiles and also for the Sherpa digital proof we use a standard.
In the first quarter of the year we will implement our own profiles to a few different sorts of paper.

We received files from a customer with ICC profiles included which we neglected. It was the first time we worked with this customer. We are doing this because a lot of the profiles are for screen are printing devices.
There are a lot of people that do not know how to work with profiles. The result was that the print was very yellow (with the profiles it was good).

I always thought that ICC profiles are for controlling (color) of your own workflow from scanner to press and not for a sort of conversion for a batch of files.
There are other tools to correct the colors are make a conversion from RGB to CMYK.
I think when I have to use profiles made somewere else it’s impossible for them to know are workflow and deliver profiles for our press.

Am I right are wrong in this matter.

Regards,

Marc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TG
The Gadget Shop
Jan 3, 2005
Until you can provide your clients with profiles to suit your equipment, it might be worthwhile recommending a generic one which is close? Until then, it comes down to the client having some idea of what they are doing – you don’t want a profile to suit their home inkjet, but even this may be better than none…

Cheers, Jason
Folio: www.gadgetaus.com/photos

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections