PN
Posted By
peter_norberg
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having the worst time trying to use google/dogpile/ and ixquick to find a flat IOIO backround. I found one but it looks like they turned it into a 3d image where from the front the back tapers as if you are real close to a wall looking up at one side of it. I realy need this backround so I can put a server in a cabinate on it. I would realy be gratefull of any ideas like the backround stuck to the cabinate being pulled form the flatness. the IOIO is actualy the 1010 but I found one that has green letters on a black backround. it’s the one that looks like 3d by searching for IOIO. I need it to be like a banner size.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 18, 2003
This may sound simplistic, but I’ll carry on regardless …

Could you simply create a type layer and enter the text [using a monospaced font like Courier]? Then rasterise it and distort it to create the perspective effect you want.
PN
peter_norberg
Dec 18, 2003
thanks im going to look those terms up and do it. Is there any nifty effects for making it look like its coming out of the backround; maybe even like the backround stuck to the cabinate being pulled from the flatness like someone put glue on the cabnit and let the wall paper dry and it pulls on the wallpaper like rubber like the top of the Y without the bottom part attached in the same way to the cabinate warping the wall paper attached to the cabinate.
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 19, 2003
Peter,

I would do it all in 3D using a patch grid and a displacement map on the background.

If you want to do everything in Photoshop you are probably going to want to use…

Filter -> Distort -> Several to choose from
Filter -> Render -> 3D Transform
Filter -> Liquify

Make your own background with the text tool. If you need someone to type 1’s and 0’s for you I don’t think you are going to get very far with this project.
PN
peter_norberg
Dec 23, 2003
I installed the stuffit and the most unpacked i can make it is the (matrix code pattern that says bmp on the front but in the properties is a pat file and it simply doesnt exist by any program that should open it. if I navigate the the matrix folder were I put all the different files nothing shows up at all like it was an empty folder.
I have a windows 2000 pro not a mac if that makes any differance at all. Since I’m a newbe I’m going to look up the terms discussed earlier so I can figure out how to do them.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections