SF
Posted By
Stephen_Field
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having problems matching the color of the background of head and shoulder mug shots.

I am using the color replacement tool and choosing the color mode with background swatch for sampling and continous limits with 30 percent tolerance.

The problem I am having is that it not replacing the color exactly with the color I have chosen – it varies based on the darkness or lightness of the original photo.

I guess I can live with that because it kind of creates a more natural-looking gradient effect in the background – but I am still wondering how to get the exact color replaced.

But the main problem I am having is that the original background is very hard to get rid of around each person’s hair – especially if it is a little wild – so I use the eyedropper tool to reselect an area of the background (around the hair) for the background swatch color.

But it now picks up too much of the actual hair when I use the color replacement tool.

I guess I am trying to find out the best method to achieve what I am desiring.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
May 17, 2004
Phosphor "Matching Color Between 2 Images" 10/25/03 10:18am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections