KB
Posted By
Kristy_Baldock
Dec 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the layer mask in Photoshop 7 and paint the image in black to erase what is on that particular layer, it is leaving a residual tint of about 10% of the image behind. Photoshop 6 does not do this. It is driving me nuts. What am I doing wrong? I have checked everything. The fill is 100% Black [Not Grey] The opacity is 100% The layer is clicked on normal. Please help – I am going mad.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 12, 2003
check the brush opacity and fill settings as well as the layers. also check for feathering.
MM
Mike_Marketello
Dec 12, 2003
I thought I saw tihs problem from somebody else a week or so ago, might want to try a search.

The layer along with your brush you are using are BOTH at 100% opacity, the blending mode on the layer is set to normal? Have you tried more than one brush, have you tried making a selection on the mask and filling with black?
Is your selection tool feathered to much?…off the top of my head.
KB
Kristy_Baldock
Feb 4, 2004
When I use the layer mask in Photoshop 7 and paint the image in black to erase what is on that particular layer, it is leaving a residual tint of about 10% of the image behind. Photoshop 6 does not do this. It is driving me nuts. What am I doing wrong? I have checked everything. The fill is 100% Black [Not Grey] The opacity is 100% The layer is clicked on normal. Please help – I am going mad. Please help – I only received 2 responses last time and no one has fixed the problem.
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 4, 2004
Kristy

I cannot reproduce this. So let’s check a few things:
– you said the layer is "normal" and 100% opacity – is the brush set to "normal" and 100% opacity? – if you open the Brushes palette and expand it, is anything selected?

If none of these yield anything interesting, I’d try resetting prefs [see FAQ].

If that doesn’t help, come back …

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections