EW
Posted By
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have version 5.5. How do I fully justify a paragraph of text? Thank you in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 25, 2003
Drag a rectangle with the text tool. Type stuff into it. Go to the paragraph palette and select the full justification icon.
EW
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Nov 25, 2003
I don’t believe I have a paragraph palette. I’m using 5.5.
EW
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Nov 25, 2003
I also cannot ‘draw’ a rectangle with the text tool. It won’t ‘draw’ anything. Perhaps it’s my older version. Anyway, can I still fully justifiy somehow?
SG
shecky_greene
Nov 25, 2003
Click on Menu item: Window>show Paragraph.

Select Text Tool.

Click and hold in workspace and DRAG a text box to the size you want.

Type text. Click Paragraph> Full justification.

wrote in message
I also cannot ‘draw’ a rectangle with the text tool. It won’t ‘draw’
anything. Perhaps it’s my older version. Anyway, can I still fully justifiy somehow?
DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 25, 2003
I don’t have the version 5.5 on any machines of mine, but I am pretty sure that the new type tools came into effect with it. In 5.0 an editing box popped up, but in 5.5 you could type directly onto your page.

The palette, if there is one, is probably connected to the type palette where you change point size and font. If I recall, it is not listed with the rest of the palettes under the Window menu, but is under the type menu, along with the type palette.

As for drawing a rectangle, (assuming I am right and you can do this), you click with the type tool, and do not release. Instead you drag a rectangle out the width you want the text to go. No actual rectangle will appear, just the type cursor. But if you start to type now, when you get to the end of the rectangle you drew, the type will wrap to a new line. (If you just click and type, the line never wraps.)

If I am wrong, and your version does not support wrapping text, then the only way you could justify is to manually change spacing and kerning between characters to make it look right.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 25, 2003
Don,

Typing directly to the canvas came in with 6.0.

Bob
EW
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Nov 26, 2003
Shecky,
"Show paragraph" is not an option under the window menu. I have version 5.5 and that is not there.
EW
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Nov 26, 2003
Yes, I can type directly on the page. However, trying to draw a rectangle with the type tool does not work. Text does not wrap within it.

In the box I only have the option to left justify, right justify, and center. These are located in the same box as the font size, font type, etc… I don’t see a full justification option here.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 27, 2003
Evelyn – you need to upgrade to PS 6, 7, or CS.

There is no full justification in PS 5.x.
EW
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Dec 2, 2003
Gotcha. Thanks 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections