MU
Posted By
Mike_Unser
Nov 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone who is having problems with slow file browsing after installing the Adobe CS programs may be experiencing the same problem as me. Last night I installed CS on 4 machines in my department. This morning the users were complaining about slow file browsing, placing, etc. I looked into the problem for a few hours and found a solution. It’s the icon that Illustrator CS is associating with EPS files. If you delete the association through windows file explorer by going into Tools-Folder Options-File Types finding EPS, deleting it and associating Photoshop with EPS files by Shift-Right Clicking an EPS file and choosing "Open With"-"Choose Program", pick Adobe Photoshop CS check "Always use this program to open these files" and click OK it will fix your slow file browsing problem. If it is the same one I’m experiencing that is.

Hope this helps some of you.

Mike

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TL
Thengli_Lim
Nov 24, 2003
Hi Mike,

Before installing Adobe CS, i was using Photoshop 5.5 & Illustrator 8.0. Everything was pretty fast. But after installing Adobe CS, its slowing down my system (Window Professional XP) every single action i applied in Photoshop 8.0 seems to take ages and definitely slowing my work process.

Wonder if this is the same problem u encountered. Can u help me with this? Would appreciate very much if u reply.

Thanks!

Nicole
L
LenHewitt
Nov 24, 2003
Nicole,

Is it still slow with the file browser closed?
MU
Mike_Unser
Nov 24, 2003
Hello,

The only slowdown I saw was in file browsing. It was even slow when not even in any of the Adobe software. Just browsing through EPS files with windows explorer or through my computer would cause windows to stop responding. It was a problem with the icon that windows was using for the EPS icons.

Mike

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections