Replies
Status
Closed
Levels between 0-255.

What do these numbers stand for?

Thanks

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 19, 2003
What do these numbers stand for?

00-FF in hexedecimal.

basically just varying levels of threshold. treat them as 1-10 (or any other incriment) if it helps you to "get your head" around it. 🙂
RV
Rob_van_de_Steenoven
Nov 19, 2003
Per channel?
=================================
Choose a Threshold to determine how different the brightness values between two pixels must be before they are considered edge pixels and are sharpened by the filter. ===== This is copied from Photoshop help.
=================================
I would like to see a graph, showing `the width` or something. Between min. and max. `protecting an area`

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 19, 2003
Per channel?

Sure if you’re working in a single channel. I think it uses the overall (composite) rgb/cmyk image when working in full channel mode.

I would like to see a graph, showing `the width` or something. Between min. and max. `protecting an area`

I can’t help you with that, hopefully someone else can. I’ve always done it by eye.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections