T
Posted By
tmalcom
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a set of actions that has an Export function that I use constantly. But it refuses to work in CS and I get the error message "The Command ‘Export’ is not currently available." I’ve tried deleting the Action and rerecording it by inserting a menu command, but it still refuses to work. It’s the same for any Export command I try. An Action with an Import menu item doesn’t work either and throws the same error.

Anyone have any idea why this doesn’t work any more?

Tom Malcom

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
MarkATS
Nov 12, 2003
hmm…
L
LenHewitt
Nov 13, 2003
Tom,

Anyone have any idea why this doesn’t work any more?<<

What are you attempting to export to? Paths to Ilustrator or the image to Zoomview?
T
tmalcom
Nov 13, 2003
The first one I tried was the old GIF89a export (I have considerable workflow built around it), but then tried Paths to Illustrator and that doesn’t work either. Then I tried an Action with Import PDF and got the same "not available" error message. Yet the same commands work fine if I assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

Tom
L
LenHewitt
Nov 13, 2003
Now you’ve explained a little more, lets see if Mark comes up with anything….
T
tmalcom
Nov 24, 2003
I’d been holding off adding more to this thread until I got my personal copy of PSCS and installed it on my Win2K machine. As I suspected, the same actions don’t work there. Any action that has a menu command involving Import or Export throw an error stating that they are "unavailable". If I assign a hotkey to the commmand, they work perfectly. This is obviously a bug in the Actions. I’d like to know whether there’s some way to fix it without having to wait 6 months for Adobe to come out with PS 8.01.
PV
phil_vouers
Nov 25, 2003
I had the same problem with a new machine with xp home on it until I figured out that if I was networking to a folder the action didn’t work but if I was using a direct path not a virtual one then everything worked just fine.
T
tmalcom
Nov 25, 2003
Neither machine that I’m trying to use the action on is trying to access it from a network drive…both are local. Nor am I able to record an action that involves Import or Export that will work. There are no error messages when I create the action, but I always get the "unavailable" error when I try to use the action.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections