SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Apr 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HIstory log seems like real cool thing, but notice does not seem to detail any specifics if you use your actions — which in way renders it almost worthless. I guess you have to just plow through the menus, if you want a log.?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 23, 2005
Since most who have used photoshop for any length of time find both the History Palette and Actions to be exceptionally useful and feature rich, I suspect that what you are trying to communicate is not coming across accurately – almost no one here would agree that the history palette is worthless.

Explain what you’re trying to accomplish and then how you’re trying to do it. In photoshop there are at least three ways to do anything, so there may be an easier way to do what you would like.

Peace,
Tony
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 23, 2005
Since the History Palette does list the steps executed in an action, I think he means the History Log file Tony.

I haven’t tried it myself, but maybe setting it to "Details" in the Preferences might help Scottie.
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 23, 2005
Hmm… CS?

Since the History Palette does list the steps executed in an action

It sure does.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 23, 2005
Hmm… CS?

Yup!
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 23, 2005
I’m so behind the times…. so sad.
SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 24, 2005
Even In details– does not list action steps — history log. (am I not speaking in English?)
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 24, 2005
Yes, apparently you are speaking English. The problem is one of interpretation. You didn’t mention what version of Photoshop you were using, so naturally, those who have yet to upgrade to the CS versions would be unaware of a history log; rather, since it is quite common for posters to use various names for photoshop features, it doesn’t seem to me to be a great leap of imagination to interpret history log as another name for the history palette.

So to avoid confusion, it is always recommended that one indicate which version of photoshop one is asking about. That way, folks who are unfamiliar with a feature unique to that version can prevent from clouding the issues by not replying to the specific question.
SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 25, 2005
And if anyone can answer the question, please post.
KC
Kent_Christiansen
Apr 25, 2005
You’re right – no log of the steps, even if you control click through the action. Same with plugins btw.
SG
Scottie_G.
Apr 26, 2005
thanks Kent

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections