J
Posted By
johnpower
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to learn how to create buttons in PS CS for use in Encore. I use the shape tool to draw out a rounded rectangle shape onto my background layer. The "shape layers" button on the tool bar is the highlight one. I then use the rectangular marquis tool to make a rectangle within my shape to fill with white (or whatever color I want) but it won’t fill. I tried to crop a section out and that doesn’t work either.

Any help on how I accomplish this.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
thereal7
Dec 30, 2003
Shape layers can’t have more then one color applied to them. I woul make a new shape layer as you did with making the marquee and fill th new shape layer with the color of your choice

thereal
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message26787.htm
L
leggey
Dec 30, 2003
try right clicking the layer and rasterizing it
that will make it a normal layer and ya can do anything
that you like with it

hope this helps

leggs

wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to create buttons in PS CS for use in Encore. I use the shape tool to draw out a rounded rectangle shape onto my background layer. The "shape layers" button on the tool bar is the highlight one. I then use the rectangular marquis tool to make a rectangle within my shape to fill with white (or whatever color I want) but it won’t fill. I tried to crop a section out and that doesn’t work either.

Thanks
CM
Charles Marinaro
Dec 31, 2003
leggey wrote:

that you like with it

hope this helps

leggs

wrote in message

Thanks
Yup guys, rasterizing is the idea, i might add.\
Charlie
J
johnpower
Dec 31, 2003
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:20:31 -1200, "leggey"
wrote:

that you like with it

hope this helps

leggs

wrote in message

Thanks

But can I then convert it to a button in Encore and add a subpicture? I guess I will just have to try it and see what happens…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections