Posted By
Moritz_Baier
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I would like to know if there will be a Photoshop CS Trial Version? If this is the case,
1.) When will it be published?
2.) What type of trial version will it be? (30 days limit/restrictive features/etc.)

Bye,
Moritz

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Oct 17, 2003
Moriitz,

I’m sure there will be, probably about 3 or 4 months after it ships and it will (in all probability) be fully functional but time-limited to 30 days.
MB
Moritz_Baier
Oct 17, 2003
So that means the trial version will be out after the official release? Sorry, but this doesn’t make sense to me. Are they doing it just because of illegal copies? I mean, look at Corel or all the other publishers. In my opinion they’re doing it right when offering a trial version about some weeks before the program is released.
I would never buy such an expensive tool if I wasn’t given the opportunity to test it.
GH
Grass_Hopper
Oct 17, 2003
Moritz,

Since PSCS isn’t actually shipping yet, it’s not surprising that they haven’t released the trial version. You can still download the PS7 trial version to get a good feel of whether or not PS would work for you.

btw, if you do use the trial version, take care not to reset your clock on your computer or the trial will be renedered inactive. This was done, I believe, to prevent folks from turning the clock back to keep the trial version functional.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 17, 2003
Moritz

The reason the trial software is released after the program is released is that Adobe has thousands of current users who will be upgrading, and the focus of delivery will be in supplying upgrades to those people.

Comparing to Corel is not really fair, in as that program has a much smaller user base, and thus not the same need to satisfy upgrade orders in the first few weeks.

If you aren’t certain about the program, definitely wait for the trial, although if you want to know what the program is all about, get the 7.0 trial and use it, as GH suggests. It will give you a feel for PS, and should convince you to order CS (or wait for the actual CS trial).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections