Posted By
Richard
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Is there some online photoshop 7 tutorials for beginner and intermediate level?

Thanks,

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HL
Harry Limey
Jul 8, 2004
This site should keep you going for a while!
http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks,

Richard

MH
Micah Huff
Jul 8, 2004
Here’s one that I’ve used quite a few times–I think it gets a lot of good concepts across:

http://www.pegaweb.com/

Micah

Richard wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Richard

M
Mikey
Jul 8, 2004
On 2004-07-08 09:43:57 -0400, "Harry Limey" said:

This site should keep you going for a while!
http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp

I love w1k to death, but I think he needs to start at the beginning.

To the OP: I’m not familiar with any _beginner_ online tutorials, but I’m sure there are plenty.

To start with, I’d go thru the manual from start to finish, to familiarize yourself with the whole banana. If you can find one online or somewhere, check out the old Adobe course book. It’s excellent. If you Google for the right keywords, you’ll find plenty of stuff – zillions of sites. What you need to learn is kinda dependent upon what you intend to do, but there are some fundamentals. If you learn these things first, it makes everything else easier.

* Selections using the marquees and wands
* Layers
* Channels
* Masks, and selections using masks

It’s not fun like the filters, but it allows you to actually get things done. Then you can branch out to the subjects that interest you, like image correction, or freaky creative stuff.

And if you intend to print: color management. It will be very complicated and confusing at first, but it’s worth it to at least start familiarizing yourself with the issues. You may not be able to resolve them before Xmas… <g>

No sig, no neuroses
M
Mikey
Jul 8, 2004
Worth1000 is a great site, but I think this os more appropriate: <http://photoshopgurus.info/beginner.shtml>

No sig, no neuroses
R
Richard
Jul 9, 2004
Thank you all for your good advice and great web sites. With all those web site, I will be busy learning photoshop for a long time.

Bye,

Richard

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks,

Richard

H
Hecate
Jul 10, 2004
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:21:11 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

Thank you all for your good advice and great web sites. With all those web site, I will be busy learning photoshop for a long time.
You can be using PS for ten years, and you’re still learning 😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
Richard
Jul 10, 2004
"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

Thank you all for your good advice and great web sites. With all those
web
site, I will be busy learning photoshop for a long time.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

In ten years you will not be using Photoshop anymore. Images will be transferred directly from the brain to the computer.

Richard
JM
John McWilliams
Jul 10, 2004
Richard wrote:

wrote:

Thank you all for your good advice and great web sites. With all those

web

site, I will be busy learning photoshop for a long time.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

In ten years you will not be using Photoshop anymore. Images will be transferred directly from the brain to the computer.

Richard
ER, but that supposes everyone is equipped with such gear! Now, if you can print from brain waves activating special paper, now you’ve got something!

John McWilliams
H
Hecate
Jul 11, 2004
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:43:28 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

I don’t expect Adobe to miss a trick, so that’ll be from your Photoshop brain implant then 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
Richard
Jul 11, 2004
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:43:28 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

I don’t expect Adobe to miss a trick, so that’ll be from your Photoshop brain implant then 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

NO! The implant will be part of Window. Photoshop will be selling the brains…

Richard
A
AlexR
Jul 11, 2004
Richard wrote:

Richard

That fine a long as your brain doesn’t have to run the same operating system as your computer. Would you trust Microsoft with your brain. It could give a whole new meaning to "The blue screen of death". —

AlexR.
C
cantexadian
Jul 11, 2004
AlexR …
Richard wrote:

Richard
I’ll be first in line for a Brain upgrade. I think mine is obsolete. nikki
H
Hecate
Jul 12, 2004
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:37:22 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

NO! The implant will be part of Window. Photoshop will be selling the brains…
Error 156: Brain implant: ERROR_NOT_HANDLED. Microsoft Windows will now reboot your brain. Click Yes for reboot or No if you wish to find somewhere safe to sit down before rebooting. Windows will reboot in:

5, 4, 3, …..

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
K
Kingdom
Jul 14, 2004
(nikki) wrote in
news::

AlexR wrote in message
news:<40f0e5d2$>…
Richard wrote:

Richard
I’ll be first in line for a Brain upgrade. I think mine is obsolete. nikki

Second hand "blank canvas" brain for sale: condition as new, unused (previous owner was a politician)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections