Vanishing Point – how to set up for export to 3d-program tutorial?

JA
Posted By
Jimmy_Alenius
Nov 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! I’m trying to set up a scene in PS CS3 using the Vanishing Point filter. When I’m done I export using save as 3ds and then import in to Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 and After Effects CS3 (saving as vpe). I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I always get the camera flipped in strange angels. Is there some sort of tutorial showing how the workflow how to set up a scene that works in a 3dsMax or After Effects?

Regards / Jimmy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
malojo
Nov 28, 2008
Hi,
can you please do a screenshot from 3dsmax after importing? Maybe I can help.

Regards
Matthias
JA
Jimmy_Alenius
Dec 3, 2008
Hi Matthias! Sorry for getting back so late. I have struggle a bit with the "Vanishing-point-to-3dsmax" and starting to get it working. Still I can’t figure out how to calibrate the directions in Photoshop. My camera in 3dsmax points from the top view. Figure this can’t be done in Photoshop? Right now I just rotate the hole scene so I get it right.

The thing that got messed up the first time was that I was using multiple planes. I didn’t understand that for every plane there is a individual camera, so that got really crazy in 3dsmax (and AE).
It would be great to be able to use multiple planes for some, more complicated, scenes.

Another thing is that I have to re-link all the maps coz the links breaks when importing. It works ok in After Effects.

Have Adobe done anything with the Vanishing Point filter in CS4? I have done a couple of things in CS4 and it seems to be the same as in CS3.

Regards / Jimmy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections