KS
Posted By
Klavs_Sinka
Mar 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wanted to share unexpected and unseen problem I experience with my Photoshop cs4 trial – permanently.
And I remarkably hope that someone of you guys will be able to give some advice how to overcome this:

When I OPEN A PHOTOGRAPHY IT DEFACES IT IN SOME KIND OF GEOMETRICAL COLOR AND PIXEL SQUARES which change their look depending on zoom level.
And only passing >200% bound it starts to depict picture normally.

Basically program itself works fine – it doesn’t slow down computer and completes all tasks in no time, so I don’t think it could be a hardware problem (my 32 bit Windows Vista based machine is far above minimal sys req; my video card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600).
Maybe some sort of drivers or updates could resolve this? But where to get one?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BC
Bart_Cross
Mar 12, 2009
It is definetely a driver issue, but it could also be a RAM issue. Do a search for your driver on the ATI site.
RL
Robert_L._Cook
Mar 12, 2009
Im going to park my CS4 for a while and go back to CS2 for a while. My preset actions still keep crashing the program. They work fine in CS2.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 12, 2009
that’s nice robert, but it has nothing to do with this topic. 🙂

klavs, I agree with bart. it COULD be bad ram…

( Chris Cox – 01:17pm Feb 7, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 15) -If you zoom in and they go away, it’s probably the video card. -If you zoom in and out and they change, it’s probably bad RAM. )

but as there’s loads of new stuff related to the video card in cs4, definitely update your video drivers before you go crazy looking for bad RAM sticks.

Maybe some sort of drivers or updates could resolve this?

yes, try that first. if it doesn’t fix it, you must consider RAM, as that behavior has been a symptom for a long time…

But where to get one?

i’d start here: <http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx>

you may need to hit a slightly different site if you’re not USA based. if so, start at <http://www.amd.com> , select your region then look for support and drivers.
RL
Robert_L._Cook
Mar 12, 2009
My sincere apologies…..I saw the word "Lounge". Forgive me.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Mar 12, 2009
It could be a problem with your graphics hardware, most likely your graphics RAM. But do try a driver update.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Mar 12, 2009
Also try turning off OpenGL in preferences. Just for kicks.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 12, 2009
My sincere apologies…..I saw the word "Lounge". Forgive me.

no need to apologize. start a new thread! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections