JM
Posted By
Joan Myers
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the quick selection tool (or when I use content-aware scaling) I get an error message saying "could not complete your request because of a program error." I am working with NEF files, 4 GB of RAM, fast machine with plenty of scratch space, Radeon X1950 crossfire graphics card. With small .jpg files, the problem doesn’t occur. Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
Have you tried turning off OpenGL acceleration?
Have you tried the 11.0.1 update?
JM
Joan Myers
Feb 25, 2009
Thanks for your reply. I did the update, which seemed to take care of the quick selection tool problem. I turned off OpenGL, which seems to take care of the content-aware scaling problem.
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 26, 2009
Ok, but you still get a program error with 11.0.1 when OpenGL on when using content aware scaling – right?

Well, at least you have a workaround.
But it sounds like we have another bug.
JM
Joan Myers
Feb 26, 2009
That’s right, Chris… and even when I turn it off, it seems erratic as to whether or not the scaling works. I just tried it again and couldn’t get it to work without the program error message even when I turned it off. I suspect that if I reboot the whole machine it might work but I’m not sure. Something is buggy in there.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections