KK
Posted By
kenium_kenium
Feb 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Again how to fix this trouble, in windows classic theme!? http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3425/bugyo5.th.jpg
I DONT find answer in this site!:
adobegripes.tumblr.com/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CF
chris_farrell
Feb 5, 2009
Don’t use the windows classic theme…..is there any reason to do that? – is it via the O/S or is it through a third party program…what system are you using? Specifications?

The issue may be resolved by the latest video drivers? or wait for the patch….
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
I think windows classic means turning off all the eye candy chris. if it’s vista, try turning aero back on.
KK
kenium_kenium
Feb 5, 2009
use win xp os, and i find win classic theme best for work then default xp theme or Royale Noir themes. coz in classic theme color does not distract me. Look on the Photoshop, actualy he use same colors set, so i dont think what my problem so stupid, and dont see cause why i must use vista only for good UI PS waiting patch some like half year =)
KK
kenium_kenium
Feb 5, 2009
* than sry for my english. I am ashamed
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
# than sry for my english. I am ashamed

no worries. seems ok to me! 🙂

try to update your video card drivers.

and dont see cause why i must use vista only for good UI

windows 7 coming soon!!! (before the end of 2009!)
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 5, 2009
windows 7, man that OS looks so lame, SSDC! Looks like a money-maker update to Vista.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
Looks like a money-maker update fix to Vista.

there. fixed that for ya. 😉
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 5, 2009
Nothing to fix matey!
H
Ho
Feb 5, 2009
FWIW, I use the Zune theme on XP without any issues. It’s a step above the XP standard. I finally got tired of classic after 6-8 years.

<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=75078>
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
ooh! i like the colors! 🙂
K
KatWoman
Feb 5, 2009
On XP I use the silver scheme >>>>I also hated the bright blue of XP default the silver scheme is much more neutral
I like all grey
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
I actually like the older nt style. lately at work i’ve had to use the xp themes to replicate some stuff the users are seeing, having to do with scroll bars etc.

I like this zune theme better than the blue though. thanks howard! 🙂
H
Ho
Feb 5, 2009
My pleasure.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 5, 2009
Thanks Howard,

I downloaded and installed, and as a bonus, the PS interface anomaly (the horizontal line through the menu bar and the ghost buttons after a visit to Prefs) seems to have disappeared!

Rob
H
Ho
Feb 5, 2009
Well, I’ll be… 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 6, 2009
it’s a blessed skin! all hail holy howard and the blessed skin! 🙂
CF
chris_farrell
Feb 6, 2009
I tried win7 and it was slower on my Photoshop machine…and I saw a similar thing in cs4 (win7)…drivers are probably the main cause……In the bigger picture, it’s a shame we have to pay £££ for a service pack..blah!!!!..Sod it…I fear I might turn into an XP over vista basher equivalent for win7…..

BTW,kenium kenium, like dave states, you’re English is fine – keep us informed…….thing IS CS4 seems to use a User Interface that works outside of the O/S so if you change the default UI in XP that may have an affect in the way CS4 displays it’s own unique UI as the two may be connected.

Try going back to the default and see if that helps the situation…. temporarily.
H
Ho
Feb 6, 2009
all hail holy howard and the blessed skin!

dave, you’re scaring me now. Besides, how blessed can anything named "Zune" be? 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 6, 2009
how blessed can anything named "Zune" be?

I crossed out Zune and scribbled in iPod as soon as i got it… XD

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1ccQuZA3u3b8BwjJaZ rXYjcgptsHI0>
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 6, 2009
You’re going to feel so silly when Windows 7 comes out. 😉

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 6, 2009
I feel silly every day bob. won’t be no big thang. 🙂
TE
Tom_Elliot
Feb 7, 2009
I’m having the user interface issues too and I’m sorry but I don’t understand exactly what to do with the link Kenium posted. Sorry Kenium, not your fault but I need to know from someone here what to do with that jpg image you linked to and/or how to fix this user interface issue (line through title bar, mouseover making icons vanish, etc.) Plus, CS4 is simply locking up with no error messages and no way to shut it down.

WinXP SP3, classic interface 3GB Ram plenty hard disk space.

Anything more specific would be greatly appreciated. I need to be walked through this.

Kenium, I understand your frustration with this software. I want to like it, I really, really want to like it, but it is really starting to piss me off…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections