EC
Posted By
Eric_Chamberlin
Feb 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My success rate in batch processing is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it works just as expected but other times I have no results at all. When it doesn’t work I get a message saying “file already exists do you want to replace the file?”.

I begin the process by opening a file (I’m still using CS2) and then creating an action with a “save for web” command. I then go to Automate/Batch Process and set the action to play, then choose the source folder and the destination folder. I select the “Override Action “Save As” Commands”, set up a file name + a 2 digit serial number + extension and start with #1. My error messages are logged to a file. I click OK and cross my fingers.

My primary usage of batch processing is for resizing images for a web photo gallery. Is there something I’m missing here? Is there a better method to prepare numerous images?

Thanks,
Eric

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RS
Robert_Shomler
Feb 4, 2009
My primary usage of batch processing is for resizing images for a web photo gallery. … Is there a better method to prepare numerous images?

Have a look at the Image Processor: File > Scripts > Image Processor

It can resize files and convert to sRGB, also call an action if you’d like. Then in Bridge you can do a batch rename – new file name sequence number to get your serial number sequence.
PR
Paul_R
Feb 4, 2009
If you want a batch processor for Save For Web here is one that I have written… <http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2374>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections