J
Posted By
johnharlin
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to print a flyer that has art on the front and back. I copied the images to Microsoft Word on page one and two. I then printed page one and then turned the page over and printed page two on the back. Though I have the same settings for page one and two, it’s not aligning.

Is there another way to do this so I can get perfect alignment for the front and back of the page. Can I do this with Photoshop or should I use a table in Microsoft Word or should I use another program altogether like Adobe Pagemaker or Quarkexpress.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 13, 2009
It won’t matter what you use. Desktop printers simply aren’t all that good at this.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jan 13, 2009
I used to have to manually tweak relative duplex positioning on well-spec’ed and maintained $400,000 Xerox systems.

So, there ya go.
QP
Q_Photo
Jan 13, 2009
johnharlin,

I print my own two sided business cards on an Epson R1800. I print from Photoshop. Front & rear line up (nearly) perfect. Point is that I would not say it can’t be done. I created the cards in Photoshop. Yes, I know, that can’t be done either. Smiley face here…

I also place photos into Word docs for flyers. It is trial and error until you get them to line up but it can be done. See Wolf Elders comment in your other thread.

Q
O
OldBob
Jan 13, 2009
See my reply in your other thread on this question:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b77f66/2>
K
KatWoman
Jan 13, 2009
in Word the margins are set different for top and bottom of the document maybe flip it 180 b4 printing?

use borderless settings in printer?

not sure but worth a try
MP
Mike_PNS
Jan 19, 2009
I print two sided brochures set up for for tri-fold panels and they always line up- all sides & fold gutters. Create both sides on the same canvas using the same guides for all, Side one in one layer set & side 2 in another.
BC
Bart_Cross
Jan 19, 2009
The reason that desktop printers cannot align front and back properly is because they ‘float’ through, also the reason that XEROX copiers have trouble too.
MP
Mike_PNS
Jan 19, 2009
HP Color LaserJets have no such difficulty- at least when deselecting "Reduce Image to Borders" in the PS print options dialogue box.
P
Phosphor
Jan 19, 2009
"difficulty" is rather a symptomatic description of how much accuracy one needs.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections