Photoshop CS3 Windows XP Welcome Screen How to redisplay it?

A
Posted By
AspenWynter
Jan 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok I realize this is a very newbie question and I am sure there is a very easy answer but I looked in the help menu and the knowledge base to no avail.

I stupidly checked the "Don’t show again" box on the Welcome Screen in Photoshop CS3 thinking I could redisplay it later easily, however, I am not finding how to do it. I figured it would be like my Illustrator CS3 and be in the help > welcome screen but it isn’t.

I’d kinda like to have it redisplay on start up for Photoshop. Please help me to "undo" a blonde moment mistake. Thank you for your time and I hope you had a good laugh at my expense.;) I would laugh but I’m too frustrated for not figuring this out. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 8, 2009
Welcome screen? Photoshop?

Bob
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 8, 2009
I think that went out with CS2.
A
AspenWynter
Jan 10, 2009
Well, in the Classroom in a Book: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems it states to "restore default preferences" at the beginning of each lesson which is to hold down the Crtl+Alt+Shift (Windows) after starting Photoshop. When prompted, click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File, and then click Close to close the Welcome Screen.

Since I am learning multiple programs quickly and Photoshop was the first, I remembered that after a couple of times having to close the Welcome Screen it seemed a little annoying. But since I decided to leave it up for Illustrator and InDesign I kind of like having it.

So I thought I’d reinstated it for Photoshop and even in my CIB (Classroom in a Book) I just cannot find the way to do it. In Illustrator CS3 there is a way list in the help to do it. I’d just like to do for Photoshop CS3.
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 10, 2009
There is no welcome screen in Photoshop CS3.

Bob
LS
Lara_Shots
Jan 10, 2009
I hope I don’t sound condescending… I just want to understand the issue, so maybe I can help…. but do you mean Photoshop CS2 or CS, perhaps?

My 2nd thought was that you were trying to open CS3’s splash screen after Photoshp was loaded; but that has no "Don’t show again" prompt, so that can’t be it…

Last thought: do you have *both* Photoshop CS3 and CS2 (or CS) installed? It’s the only thing I can think of that may be causing confusion, as I have personally mixed up options / features between them when I had them all installed. (Until recently, I had all versions of Photoshop from 7 to CS3 Extended installed at the same time!) 😛

Don’t ask me why. I am a digital packrat. :p
AJ
aimee_james
Jan 11, 2009
Don’t worry about having a "blonde moment" with the magic of photoshop you can always change your hair color to brown…Heh heh sorry couldn’t resist. The other posts answered your question.
MM
Melanie_Miller
Feb 11, 2009
I’m having the same problem as Aspen. I had a welcome screen when I first installed Photoshop CS3 and I clicked the "do not show again" box. I would like that screen back, as it’s needed for the "Classroom In A Book" lessons. I have tried all of the resets, the help menus and the forums and I got nothing. Anyone else have any other ideas?
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 11, 2009
Did you read all the previous posts?
F
Freeagent
Feb 11, 2009
I remember from one of Nack’s blog posts that the welcome screen was dropped in Photoshop CS3 in the rush to meet the release deadline. It was supposed to contain some fancy new Flash stuff, but they didn’t have time.

Illustrator and InDesign CS3 has it, though.
MM
Melanie_Miller
Feb 11, 2009
-John- Yes, I read all of the previous posts, including the ones that say that Photoshop CS3 does not have a welcome screen. I have run across conflicting information all over, with no two sites agreeing on whether Photoshop CS3 does or does not have a welcome screen. I was hoping that someone here would have found something different and/or conclusive since those last posts….

-Freeagent- Thanks =D
S
stevent
Feb 11, 2009
No welcome screen. I just reinstalled couple of days ago.
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 11, 2009
PSCS4 does not have a welcome screen, but AI, ID & DW all do.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections