JS
Posted By
Joe Sack
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I put a white background around any of my photos on the document window?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bernie
Sep 16, 2003
Joe,

If I understand your question, that is something you do in your Operating System. What version of Windows are you using?

— Burton —
P
Phosphor
Sep 16, 2003
Or, Joe, If I DO understand what you’re after:

Tap the "D" key to set your foreground and background colors to default.

Go to Image—»Canvas Size… and add to your present width and height dimensions. The amount you add will expand your canvas according to how you have set the 3 X 3 matrix in the Canvas Size dialogue window.
JS
Joe Sack
Sep 16, 2003
Burton,
I have 7.0.1. I just found a way to do what I wanted by expanding the dimensions of my photo in Image—>>Canvas Size then filling this frame with white( thanks, PHOSPHOR! ). BUT I recall I had an easier way of doing this in 6.0 by merely dragging the corner of my photo which automatically created a white border around my photo. How did I do that and how can I do it in 7.0.1?
PD
Paul DeLap
Sep 16, 2003
Try setting your foreground color to white then increase the image dimensions by opening your crop tool and dragging your crop margins to the desired dimensions outside of your image. Works great!
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 12, 2003
Uses background color, actuallly, not foreground.
Expand your frame around the pic first so you can see what you’re doing.

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections