PH
Posted By
Peter_Hundeck
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been enjoying my PS CS4 Extended on my Vista 64 machine which has an ATI Raedon HD-3850 video card. I had the GPU option active with no problems. After I installed the critical update today (KB-58644)my photoshop would no longer display images that I loaded, despite showing the individual layears. This happened with PSD, jpg, and NEF files. I was able to load files in camera raw, but the program would not open the image, and the camera image stayed on the screen.

When I turned off the GPU, everything worked as before, but clearly not as quickly. I uninstalled the update and was able to re-enable the GPU and everything is working. I don’t know if this an Adobe or Microsoft issue, but I thought I would post it here since the behavours was bizarre and unexpected but since I was working in PS all morning with no problems and the only change to my system was the update of Vista, it wasn’t difficult to narrow it down.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CH
CR_Henderson
Oct 24, 2008
I’m assuming you mean the updated ID’d as "KB9558644" for that is the security update that was installed on my Win Vista x64 box today.

I have an nVidia 9800GTX+ and I do NOT have the problem you reported.
PH
Peter_Hundeck
Oct 24, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, and you’re correct about the update identifier. I’m going to check out my video card driver as well in case its a contributing factor, since you are using a different card and had no problems.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections