DC
Posted By
d_cole
Sep 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am thinking about buying an M9125 card from the new range of Matrox M series cards. The details are here:

< http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_ series/m9125pciex16/>

I have tried without success to find a review of this series and of the card I am interested in particular. Nor can I find any mention of it or its performance in a user forum anywhere. My display is a NEC2690 (26") running at a resolution of 1920×1200. I don’t game and just want a new card for PS and Corel Painter work. I have CS3 and will probably move to CS4 idc. I also want a card that is passively cooled.

I’d be grateful if someone here would please look at this card and advise me whether this is a reasonable choice for Photoshop etc. It is expensive for what it is – especially as I don’t run multi-displays – but allowing for all that, will CS3 etc be happy with it, please?

Thanks

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Sep 14, 2008
Hi David…

Can’t really shed much light on the subject except to say that i used to swear by Matrox cards. They used to be great – and am sure they still are – for 2D.

The only reason i shifted from them was that i started dabbling in 3D and their performance there was pretty not ok.

But for 2D and multiple monitors am sure they still rock.

JJ
DB
Daniel_Buki
Sep 22, 2008
David

I’m thinking about the same card. I’m wondering if you’ve found any further information?

JJ: What card(s) do you prefer now?
DC
d_cole
Sep 22, 2008
Daniel
I bought an M9125. IQ is fine as expected and it works happily with CS3 and with my 26" NEC2690 display. I had some trouble loading a calibrated (Eye-One Display 2) profile after installing the Matrox driver, but eventually sorted it out. The software is rudimentary after Nvidia (eg you cannot get temp read outs) but functional. Would I recommend it? – IQ is ok but it’s expensive for what you get and given the basic accompanying software. But overall – no complaints and Matrox tech support were helpful.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections