H
Posted By
hhowisen
Sep 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop 7.0 for over 6 years and this morning when I opened it, it began loading and then it disappeared from the screen.

I tried opening Photoshop again and the same thing happened. All of the other Adobe programs I own work properly as do my other windows programs.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 3 times and am still having the same issue.

How can I resolve the issue so that I can begin using Photoshop again?

Harry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 2, 2008
reset the preferences per the faq harry.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
G
gowanoh
Sep 2, 2008
I believe the preferences file should have been deleted with your uninstall/reinstall.
A corrupt preferences folder should not, but I suppose could, cause a fatal start-up error.
If resetting the preferences file does not work a few suggestions: If you have a version of Windows that has a System Restore feature (ME and later) go back to a point before this problem happened (PS7 has to be installed, even if not working properly, for System Restore to work). After running the uninstall program (and you use Windows) manually delete all Photoshop 7 files remaining in My Programs. If you are brave-and understand what you are doing– manually comb the registry for remaining references and delete them. Reboot before reinstalling.
Turn off your anti-virus program and see if PS starts. If it does then update change your anti-virus program.
Update your video card drivers: video card drivers are the source of much inexplicable behavior in Windows.
Run anti malware programs.
Run the Microsoft memory diagnostic.
Run a software test on your hard drive.
Upgrade to CS3 if you can afford to: it is a significant evolution from PS7.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections