PH
Posted By
Patrick_H_Bates
Aug 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to build a slideshow in Premiere Elements 4 (which I have yet to use)for projection on a large theater screen. The only information that I can find on the topic all relates to organizing the slideshow in Photoshop Elements 6, then exporting to Priemere. Surly, this must be possible from Photoshop CS2? Or do I actually have to use PS Elements?

Any information on how to accomplish this and regarding output format for projection would be greatly appreciated.

PB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Silkrooster
Aug 25, 2008
You shouldn’t have any problems creating a slideshow in premiere elements. Take a look at what file formats that it will accept. Look for any format that will work for a photo. Such as jpg, tiff, psd, etc.
Place each image on your timeline one after the other. You should beable to drage the right side of the image to determine how long the image will be displayed for. Now you can add a dissolve between each image to make the images fade from one to another.
Once your done you can export it as an avi or mov file so that it can play in windows media player or quicktime player. If your program support exporting to DVD then you could play it in a DVD player.
Good luck and have fun.
BH
BILL_HUNT
Aug 30, 2008
Patrick,

Because PS Elements offers a rather quick and automated Slideshow option, it can be useful. A post into the Elements fourm will get you a lot of tweaks for that function. As it is not available in PS, you might not get all the help you desire here.

Personally, I do this in Premiere Pro, though there is a bit more hand-work. It does offer latitude far beyond what PS Elements does.

Also, re-size your images in PS/PSE beforehand (before you Import them into any of the Adobe programs and also set your Duration in Preferences before you Import), based on your Project setting in any form of Premiere (Pro, or Elements). From the NLE (NonLinear Editor), you can Export to a myriad number of formats to meet your projection needs. DVD will limit your resolution to DVD specs. If you can play a BRD to the projector, you can really improve the output. Otherwise, Silkrooster’s suggestion of playing from a media player on a computer, with appropriate file types, will be better than DVD, but will require a computer to be hooked up to your projector. There are a lot of considerations. Study them all, before you start building your Project in any program, so you do not have to re-do anything later.

For exact how-to’s from either NLE, their forums will offer you a wealth of info.

Plan your Project carefully, based on your Assets and plan on doing the Export to your final format.

Good luck,

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections