W
Posted By
Walt
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone please burn me a copy of the disk that comes with The Photoshop5/5.5 WOW! Book
I dropped mine and it shattered–any costs can be reimbursed. Many Thanks
Walt

Alternativly i can give you a folder on ftp site to upload to Ta again

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GP
Gene Palmiter
May 18, 2004
A friend of mine with a computer shop says its been a long time since he has got a system in for repair that did not have some pirate software…but here we do try to maintain the illusion that we all are absolutely legal. I know I don’t want the software police coming after me…and all I have that isn’t on the up and up is a couple of fonts that I can’t be sure of…but I think they are legal too…just can remember where they came from!

So…the advise you will get here is to see if the publisher has a website where you can order another disk.

"Walt" wrote in message
Can anyone please burn me a copy of the disk that comes with The Photoshop5/5.5 WOW! Book
I dropped mine and it shattered–any costs can be reimbursed. Many Thanks
Walt

Alternativly i can give you a folder on ftp site to upload to Ta again
-xiray-
May 18, 2004
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:59:44 +0100, "Walt" wrote:

I dropped mine and it shattered–any costs can be reimbursed.

Wow. Dropped? No. You must have flung it at a cement floor with in a fit of rage. It takes a significant force to shatter a CD.

By the way, do yourself a favor. Go to your library and see what PS-related books they have. You might be surprised at what you find.
R
RFJ
May 19, 2004
-xiray- wrote in
news::

On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:59:44 +0100, "Walt" wrote:
I dropped mine and it shattered–any costs can be reimbursed.

Wow. Dropped? No. You must have flung it at a cement floor with in a fit of rage. It takes a significant force to shatter a CD.
By the way, do yourself a favor. Go to your library and see what PS-related books they have. You might be surprised at what you find.

….but inspect any CDs in library books carefully before you use them.

I borrowed a Photoshop book from the library, omitted the step above and so didn’t see the crack in the disk – the one that gave out when spun at high speed in my DVD-ROM drive.

Result: a loud bang, lots of bits of broken DVD-Drive and a shattered CD. Be warned – most libraries won’t accept responsibility for damage caused by CDs.

I looked at the other copy of the book they had, and it’s CD was cracked too!!

Richard
-xiray-
May 19, 2004
On Wed, 19 May 2004 04:15:52 -0500, RFJ
wrote:

I borrowed a Photoshop book from the library, omitted the step above and so didn’t see the crack in the disk – the one that gave out when spun at high speed in my DVD-ROM drive.

<laughs> Yeah, years ago I had a copy of MS Bookshelf shatter and destroy the CD drive in the process.

Before that happened I thought that the stories of high RPM drives destroying disks were an urban myth.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections