"Could not complete your request…." BRUSH HELP!!

DD
Posted By
dan_dehart
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright, so I installed Photoshop CS this past Monday and have been working with it since then. Everything has been great and dandy..until today.

I downloaded some brushes to use and when create a new file, even a small one, and click on the brush tool and click on the window to "brush," that wonderful error pops up, "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

Now, if I change the brush size to 10 or below, I can at least click and make a dot, but if I try and click and drag, POP comes the error! In my 4 years using PS, I’ve never seen this error and by the looks of how many articles and forums on this subject I have found, not many people have either….well, with regards to brushes that is.

So, experts, any ideas?

-Yes, I’ve cleared the prefs file and the "save for web" prefs file -I’ve restarted my computer and downloaded and installed the MultiProcessor and Auto-Refresh plug-in extensions

I’m running Windows XP Home Edition, SP2, 2.2 GHZ, 256MB RAM and Photoshop CS.

PLEASE find it in your heart to search your knowledge base or your brain or ask mr. Adobe himself…I’ve got to find a way around this.

Thanks!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2005
there’s a brush prefrences file too in the same location as the ps prefrences file. try deleting that…
DD
dan_dehart
May 12, 2005
I deleted it and I dragged a line and when I stopped and wanted to drag another one, POP GOES THE WEASEL!!

The error popped up again. I mean, is it as simple as not having enough memory? I mean, I was checking the internet and noticed that the spec requirements for PS CS2 required more memory than I have, but I don’t have CS2, but I’m thinking they are pretty much the same..

Would I be true in that? Do I just need to get some more memory?

Any more ideas on how to correct this problem??
DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2005
I should have said delete it then remove those downloaded brushes. or don’t reload them something seems to be causing problems. corrupt brush file maybe?
C
chrisjbirchall
May 12, 2005
256Mb of ram is barely enough to work on anything but very small files. I should really consider adding quite a bit more.

By the way, from your opening paragraph it would seem you have only just bought CS. If you contact Adobe quite quickly you may still be eligible for a free upgrade to CS2.

Chris
L
LenHewitt
May 13, 2005
256Mb is barely enough to run XP let alone applications….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections