MM
Posted By
Max_Maxwell
May 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a sketched out map of a parking lot that I want to convert to a true black and white. Can someone please tell me step by step how to do this?

Thanks…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Max_Maxwell
May 6, 2008
I am using CS3
C
Curvemeister
May 6, 2008
On Tue, 6 May 2008 15:27:54 -0700, wrote:

I am using CS3

Add a channel mixer and a hue/sat adjustment layer so that hue/sat is the top layer. Set the saturation to -100, and adjust the channel mixer until you get good contrast for the colors that matter.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
JM
J_Maloney
May 7, 2008
Curvemeister told you how to convert from RGB to grayscale. And by the way I think the new(ish?) black and white adjustment layer does your trick in one adjustment. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Max:

To move from grayscale to "true black and white" (bitmap), you can use the layer…new adjustment layer…threshold and move the slider. Personally, I like to upsample the image some, as bitmaps have no gray tones to smooth lines out. Your target resolution should be 450-600 ppi at the size you will print. Of course, you can go higher… You can upsample using bicubic smoother and then use the threshold adjustment layer. When you’re happy with how it looks, just image…mode…bitmap it and you’ve got a true black and white.

Of course if your image is photographic, you might want to turn it into "line art," which is kind of a different thing. If you try the threshold adjustment layer on a photo, you’ll see what I mean.

Be sure to save as, or dupe the file before you begin!

J

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections