PC
Posted By
Pete_Cofran
Mar 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m drawing cartoons in black & white for a publication. I’ve been told that I must make the black 100% and the CMY 0%. After I scan the image I convert it from RGB to CYMK mode but I can see in the channel’s palette that it has colors mixed into the black. If clear the CMY channels it image loses detail. I’ve also desaturated the image but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

So is there an easy way to remove the CMY channels without losing part of my image?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
ID._Awe
Mar 17, 2008
Just use grayscale, you don’t need CMYK for that.
PC
Pete_Cofran
Mar 17, 2008
I can’t use gray scale because I forgot to mention I’m colorizing the cartoons in Photoshop. They’re black and white outlines drawn in pen and ink then filled in with colors.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 17, 2008
Image>adjustment>threshold may be enough to get you where you need to be.

Bob
PC
Pete_Cofran
Mar 18, 2008
I found a solution I don’t know if its the best way…

in the channel palette I select all, copy, and paste the cymk channel into the black channel and then delete the contents of the cym channels
J
Jan
Mar 18, 2008
wrote in
news::

I’m drawing cartoons in black & white for a publication. I’ve been told that I must make the black 100% and the CMY 0%. After I scan the image I convert it from RGB to CYMK mode but I can see in the channel’s palette that it has colors mixed into the black. If clear the CMY channels it image loses detail. I’ve also desaturated the image but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

So is there an easy way to remove the CMY channels without losing part of my image?

Before starting to colorize the image you can duplicate the layer.

The top layer can be converted to black: By deleting the contents of the CMY channels and change all grey values to 100% black via levels. Remove all white and make it transparent.

Rename the bottom layer.

Now colorize the bottom layer.

Afterwards put the bottom layer with all 100% K contents on top. Flatten and save.

Record the actions which you need to for all images and make it an action for the next time.

Jan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections