Posted By
Val_T_Nanovsky
Jan 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

My problem is that there is a major color difference between the images I am editing in PS CS3 and those I save for web which have this yellowish – reddish cast.

I would highly appreciate your comments. Many thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jan 6, 2008
Is your monitor calibrated if so how?

What colorspace do you work in.
AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Jan 6, 2008
Val,
Most probably, your default color space is Adobe RGB.
If you edit images mostly for the Web, go to "Edit > Color Settings" and choose "RGB: sRGB…"
VT
Val_T_Nanovsky
Jan 6, 2008
I’ve been using a Samsung 213T monitor along with Natural Color for monitor and printer calibration. The problem just popped up last month. Up to that point the color settings in PS were default – never had to touch anything. When the problem started, all images in PS had an over saturated color. Then I started playing with the color settings and it looks like the Samsung ICC profile works best for editing and saving images – that fixed 90% of the issue. The problem still remains though when I have to save my images for the web.
VT
Val_T_Nanovsky
Jan 6, 2008
…..Just did something weird which seems to have solved the problem – switched back to PS CS2. With equivalent (default) settings CS2 works, while CS3 keeps showing that problem…
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 7, 2008
Don’t use the Samsung profile as a working space or for saving images; it is for your monitor only — and not a good profile for that, either. Your working space and image saving profiles should be device-independent profiles; for Web work, sRGB only.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections