DW
Posted By
Dan Wenz
Aug 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see a number of books available for v.6 on Amazon – is there one (Non-Dummies) book or books I can use for a reference book?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DW
Dan Wenz
Aug 21, 2009
Dan Wenz wrote:
I see a number of books available for v.6 on Amazon – is there one (Non-Dummies) book or books I can use for a reference book?

Replying to my own question, there’s a lot of conflicting reviews on Amazon, depending on the past experience with Elements – I did take a brief intro class at the local community College using "How to Cheat in Photoshop Elements 6", which I thought too "advanced" for a beginner, which I still consider myself to be. Two books, taken together, might be, according to reviewers, "Classroom in a Book", and "The Missing Manual", both covering v.6. Comments appreciated, thanks.
F
fernman
Sep 15, 2009
I have version 7, and after studying virtually every book there is on the subject both in a public library and in a large bookshop, as well as checking reviews on Amazon, I bought "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 7" by S. Johnson and K. Binder, published by Pearson.

In my opinion, it is the only book that starts off with detailed but basic information for new users, five chapters in fact, before it moves on through simple to advanced image editing. The comprehensive contents are clearly laid out, with a subject to a page or to an opening. The screenshots are in colour but these are subdued, making it easy on the eyes, while it is without any of the flashy "Hints" and "Tips" that I find so distracting in other books.

Wow, this is beginning to sound like one of those publicity shots posing as a user review, isn’t it! I can assure you it is not. If you can get hold of a copy from a library, I hope you will agree with my views, and I am sure you should have no trouble finding a copy of "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 6" to buy. If there are none on Amazon, try abebooks.com or .co.uk depending on your location.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections