B
Posted By
buila
Apr 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m still in trouble..doing (or not doing) something rather simple, I suspect?

I’m using Elements 3.

I’ve made a number of collections from 1200 or so pictures. I’ve re- sequenced the pictures (from the order/date/time they were taken and added captions.

When I copy the file/copy them into a new folder (or burn a cd/dvd) in My Pictures (1) the captions do not appear, and (2) the sequence reverts to date/time shot sequence.

What am I doing wrong or what steps do I need to do to save-see the captions and keep the pictures in a new sequence for class presentations and making a cd/dvd?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Ted Buila
Silverdale, Wa

Ted
Silverdale, Wa

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Charley
Apr 7, 2007
Ted,

Not sure about Elements 3, but when you copy data files in many other kinds of data management programs you need to copy more than one file for all of the associated data to be copied. Instead of using the copy command, see if Elements 3 has an export command. In these other programs the export command is designed to copy all of these linked files to another location, so if there is such a thing as an export command in Elements 3 it should do what you want.

Charley

wrote in message

I’m using Elements 3.

I’ve made a number of collections from 1200 or so pictures. I’ve re- sequenced the pictures (from the order/date/time they were taken and added captions.

When I copy the file/copy them into a new folder (or burn a cd/dvd) in My Pictures (1) the captions do not appear, and (2) the sequence reverts to date/time shot sequence.

What am I doing wrong or what steps do I need to do to save-see the captions and keep the pictures in a new sequence for class presentations and making a cd/dvd?

Ted Buila
Silverdale, Wa

Ted
Silverdale, Wa
B
buila
Apr 7, 2007
On Apr 7, 8:42 am, "Charley" wrote:
Ted,

Not sure about Elements 3, but when you copy data files in many other kinds of data management programs you need to copy more than one file for all of the associated data to be copied. Instead of using the copy command, see if Elements 3 has an export command. In these other programs the export command is designed to copy all of these linked files to another location, so if there is such a thing as an export command in Elements 3 it should do what you want.

Charley

wrote in message

I’m using Elements 3.

Ted Buila
Silverdale, Wa

Ted
Silverdale, Wa

Charley,

Thanks for the turnaround on my ongoing PA Elements 3 caption/sequence "problem." Yes, PAE3 has the expxort option/I’ve tried it with the first 6 or so pics in the collection..only the first pic shows a caption..all the rest (eg) as PC143768_edited-1.JPG

I have to/want to believe that I’m omitting something (very!) simple. Just what is still a puzzle.

Any additional thoughts (when you have a bit of time) would be appreciated.

Ted
C
Charley
Apr 9, 2007
Sorry, I don’t have a copy of the program so I can’t suggest anything else. I’ve just found that with other data storage type programs they keep portions of the data in different files and the only way to copy the whole set to someplace else and have it ever work again is to use the export command. Have you considered calling Adobe tech help or reading about exporting and importing files in the manual?

Charley

wrote in message
On Apr 7, 8:42 am, "Charley" wrote:
Ted,

Not sure about Elements 3, but when you copy data files in many other
kinds
of data management programs you need to copy more than one file for all
of
the associated data to be copied. Instead of using the copy command, see
if
Elements 3 has an export command. In these other programs the export
command
is designed to copy all of these linked files to another location, so if there is such a thing as an export command in Elements 3 it should do
what
you want.

Charley

wrote in message

I’m using Elements 3.

Ted Buila
Silverdale, Wa

Ted
Silverdale, Wa

Charley,

Thanks for the turnaround on my ongoing PA Elements 3 caption/sequence "problem." Yes, PAE3 has the expxort option/I’ve tried it with the first 6 or so pics in the collection..only the first pic shows a caption..all the rest (eg) as PC143768_edited-1.JPG

I have to/want to believe that I’m omitting something (very!) simple. Just what is still a puzzle.

Any additional thoughts (when you have a bit of time) would be appreciated.

Ted

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections