Posted By
jmloden
Nov 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All –
New to 4.0 (quite a difference from 2.0!)

I keep my photos in folders named for the occasion or event. But the photos themselves have the original camera supplied name.
4.0 imported my photos into the organizer but I have lost the ability
to delineate or identify the photos since I do not have the folder names.

Any ideas how I can get my identification system back? Or create a new one?

TIA!

-J

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DI
Don in Centennial CO
Nov 18, 2005
You could go into the lower left corner of Organizer and select "Folder Location". THen click on the folder in the left pane. Create a tag in the right pane that matches the name of your folder. Select all the photos in the folder and then drag the tag to one of them.

Whenever you want to view by folder, it will then be the same as the tag, so you just click the box to the left of the tag. Confusing? Sorry.
J
JayL
Nov 19, 2005
Thayt works great!
Thanks Don.

"Don in Centennial CO" wrote in message
You could go into the lower left corner of Organizer and select "Folder Location". THen click on the folder in the left pane. Create a tag in the right pane that matches the name of your folder. Select all the photos in the folder and then drag the tag to one of them.
Whenever you want to view by folder, it will then be the same as the tag, so you just click the box to the left of the tag. Confusing? Sorry.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections