T
Posted By
Toby
Jul 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t frequent this group much, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answers.

Is there a simple way to specify a destination folder for saved files?

I open my raw files in Bridge, and it would save me lots of time if I could specify a destination folder for saving the final results as tiffs. PS always defaults to the source folder, no matter where the last file was saved.

Do I have to make an action to accomplish this?

TIA,

Toby

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
friesian
Jul 2, 2008
On 2 Jul 2008 04:01:01 -0500, "Toby" wrote:

I don’t frequent this group much, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answers.

Is there a simple way to specify a destination folder for saved files?
I open my raw files in Bridge, and it would save me lots of time if I could specify a destination folder for saving the final results as tiffs. PS always defaults to the source folder, no matter where the last file was saved.

Do I have to make an action to accomplish this?

I have CS2.

I have my actions all set to save to one folder. Then, once I have run the actions, I just move the files to wherever I want them.

For example, I will edit my files as psd files, then save a set as jpg low res files and a set as tiff files. I do two batch operations, and then move the files to the new folders.

When I save the action file, I tell it where to save. I have an action for saving as jpg (which includes reducing the dimensions and resolution). And an action for saving a tiff file. Both actions automatically flatten since I often add a layer with my copyright.
JJ
John J
Jul 2, 2008
Meghan Noecker wrote:
I have CS2.

I have my actions all set to save to one folder. Then, once I have run the actions, I just move the files to wherever I want them.
For example, I will edit my files as psd files, then save a set as jpg low res files and a set as tiff files. I do two batch operations, and then move the files to the new folders.

Did you know that you can have CS save a JPEG along with other formats without an action? You can have it as a default behavior so that there is no dialog for saving as the JPEG. It just happens.
F
friesian
Jul 3, 2008
On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:10:04 -0500, John wrote:

Meghan Noecker wrote:
I have CS2.

Did you know that you can have CS save a JPEG along with other formats without an action? You can have it as a default behavior so that there is no dialog for saving as the JPEG. It just happens.

I’m not saving it as a jog during my initial save to psd. I edit the psd files and show them to the customer. Once they choose their files, I make any additional changes, add the copyright stamp and save. Then I do a batch run that flattens the file and saves it as a low res 4×6 jpg. And another batch that saves as a flattened 8×12 high res tiff file.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections