RS
Posted By
Ryan_Sloan
Sep 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK I am sorry if this question sounds stupid to some of you Guru’s out there but I have had Photoshop 7 for the past couple of years and really just started to learn alot about creating my own TGA and PNG..ect Images and icons..
I make alot of themes and Icons for some windows Mobile based software but I have never had any real trainning or teachings with Photoshop or any software like it.
My question is = In PS7 I have always been able to import a Icon or image that has a Transparent background and when it opens there is just the Icon -image it self with the checkerd transparent background.

Now I just installed CS3 and now if I import a image with a Transparent background it has a solid color like black or white instead of the checkerd transparent background. Now I think that has something to do with matting or something when the image is saved but I make button’s..ect and sometimes use my exsisting icons ontop of a button.
–> now that Black or solid color background thats supposed to be transparent gets in the way when I am triing to put or line up an image on top of another….

I guess thats my question why NOW with CS3 when I import a image with a transparent background is there a solid color like black there instead of it being transparent….. And is there something Im doing wrong or something I can change??????????

Sorry for making this so long and sorry if this is stupid question… thank you..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections